Case Management Coordinator (Nationals Only)
Case Management Coordinator is required to support Empowerment through Education Protection and Livelihoods (EEPL) with case management component activities. Contract will be for two months with possibility of extension till December 2020.
This position will be responsible for ensuring that Save the Children Child Protection Case Management process is effectively applied and meets save the children child protection case management standards operating procedures through direct supervision and guidance to case management interns.
The CM coordinator will provide on-going support for interns to ensure the overall quality of the case management process. The incumbent will also support the CP Officer in some supervisory tasks to the mentorship component.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Psychology, Sociology, Development, Political Science, related studies or relevant work experience.
- Solid experience in working with refugee children (Unaccompanied and Separated Children will be preferred)
- Excellent drafting, and interviewing skills
- Proficiency in Arabic and English, written and spoken is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and monitor team’s progress.
- Awareness about the security context and political situation in Egypt for refugees.
- Able to work effectively within a team and/or individually.
- This is a field job (Virtual and/or in Person), candidate must have experience and show willingness to work in the field effectively.
- Well organised with strong time-management skills
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication skills, solid experience in communication with difficult and challenging cases and in same time experience in communication with management levels.
- Experience in working and coordination with other sister NGOs
- Experience in drafting Standards of Procedures (or similar documents) with strong and clear language
- Shares Save the Children’s vision and values.
- Previous experience working with Unaccompanied and Separated children in Cairo
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Date advertised: 14 Sep 2020
Closing date: 20 Sep 2020 - 23:59 EET
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time